Celebrating Over 45 Years of Serving Those Who Serve
Open 24/7… the Armed Forces Service Center (AFSC) is an “all free” stop located at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport, for traveling military to include Active Duty, Reserve and National Guard personnel and their dependents, as well as Department of Defense and PHS employees (on orders), Purple Heart and Medal of Honor Recipients and their dependents in a travel status. Military Retirees and their dependents in a travel status are also welcome on a space available basis. All other Veterans are welcome to a beverage and pastry and seating provided outside the AFSC. The center is located in Terminal 1- Lindbergh, on the mezzanine level above the main ticket area by check point 1. Click here for maps.
The Armed Forces Service Center is a one-of-a-kind facility unique to Minnesota (CFC code 45253). It is not affiliated with the USO or with the Metropolitan Airports Commission, which owns and operates Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
The Armed Forces Service Center was founded by Maggie Purdum on November 22,1970, after her son died in Vietnam. As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, the center relies on funding from various veterans’ organizations and their auxiliaries as well as private businesses and individuals.
The Center offers numerous amenities:
- A nice lounge area with comfortable furniture, a dining table and buffet.
- A large kitchen with two microwaves, and a commercial coffee machine. Ask an AFSC volunteer for what you need from the kitchen.
- A flat panel television with over 200 satellite channels.
- DSN line and use of a free cell phone.
- Free Wi-Fi, courtesy of MSP Wifi.
- Three iPads and a laptop, with CAC reader, connected to a printer.
- The printer is also a fax, copier, and scanner.
- Complementary sandwiches, pastries, chips, cereals, soups, hot and cold beverages.
- Men’s bunk room with 20 sleeping bunks.
- Women’s bunk room with 6 sleeping bunks, a baby crib and nursing chair.
- A bathroom with a changing table and various complementary toiletries.
- An assortment of children’s toys, games, playing cards.
- Complementary paperback books, stationery, stamps, sewing kits.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Supervised storage of luggage, and bunk wake-up service.
The Armed Forces Service Center can be found on these social networks!
Click on the logos below.